Tips to Getting Selected
We receive a substantial number of books for review. We can’t possibly feature every submission. Here are some of the criteria we use to select our books:
- Quality of the book. Books by established authors with strong fan bases are great. But, we are always looking for the next big indie writer. The overall quality of the book from your retailer presence to your synopsis should lure us in.
- Price. We generally look for heavily discounted sale prices of $2.99 and less, although if you’d like to offer your blockbuster at a higher price, we’ll probably do it.
- Flexibility. It is a challenge to arrange all the moving pieces, so the more days you are available to do your promotion, the more likely we can include your title.
- Professional cover. Your book must have a professional cover.
- Engaging synopsis. You have to lure us in with an engaging synopsis.
- Media Reviews and Accolades. Reviews by established media outlets are helpful. We also look at awards, critical selections, bestseller lists, and other types of coverage.
- Reader Reviews. The number and quality of your reviews on the retailer websites are important. There is no minimum requirement, and we understand that new releases may have no reviews, but it is something we consider.
- Author presence. We do consider such things as the quality of a writer’s website, the number of twitter and facebook followers, and trending reports.
- Retailer product page. We are driving buyers to your retailer product page. It must be professional, informative, well-written, error-free, and appealing.
- Genre. Our emails are tailored to reader’s tastes so the genre of your book is a vital consideration.
Selection to be featured is not a commentary on the quality of writing.